Guide To Hiring A Great Roofing Contractor
The roof of your home has an average life span of 15 years. If you are experiencing roofing problems and your roof is less than 15 years of age you will likely want to have repairs done rather than a total roof replacement. If your roof is older than 15 years, you are likely looking at having to get an entirely new roof installed. Whether you are in need of repairs, or a new roof installation, is it essential to hire a professional roofing contractor.
A roofing contractor will be able to evaluate your roof’s condition, recommend the proper repair or replacement, and use the appropriate roofing materials to ensure a professional installation. By utilizing our guide to hiring the right roofing contractor you can ensure your needs are being met and the job is done professionally and accurately.
Get A Free Roofing Service Estimate Today!
We offer a free, no obligation, inspection of your property. You can simply fill out our Free Roofing Estimate Form and one of our experienced representatives will contact you to set up an appointment for your free estimate.
Prior to hiring a Roofing Contractor, it is essential to gather as much information as possible on potential contractors. Use these pointers to ensure a quality company is handing your needs;
- Seek referrals and recommendations from friends and family. Utilizing online reviews from the community will also be beneficial.
- Request pictures of the contractor’s past work and also ask for testimonials from past clients. You can retrieve this information via the contractor’s website or by interviewing previous customers. Even the best contractors have to handle complaints. Complaints are not necessarily an indication of a poor contractor, but the way a roofing contractor has dealt with them can be. Don’t be afraid to ask the potential contractor how they have dealt with complaints in the past or call the Better Business Bureau to investigate the claims.
- Get several quotes before hiring a contractor. A roofing quote should be highly detailed, containing specifics about the work to be done, the cost of materials and labor, and it should provide a timeline for the scope of the work. Always ensure that the cleanup is included in the quote.
- If you wish to have the contractor handle all facets of the project, make sure clean up is included in the contract so that you are not stuck with the additional cost or labor. This is important to factor into the total price of your roofing project. If the contractor does not handle cleanup, you will have to either do it yourself or pay to have it done.
Next Steps After Choosing A Roofing Contractor
Once you have decided on a roofer, be sure to get a detailed contract for the work to be done. This should consist of the following;
- All details for the project should be clearly outlined.
- Material cost, estimated labor, and the time frame for the work to be completed should be included in the outline for the scope of work to be done.
- If any warranties are offered, they should be supported in writing in the contract, including any details of the warranty.
- Read over the warranty carefully to ensure you understand the terms of the warranty.
- Keep in mind that only the manufacturer provides product warranties and often warranties are only valid if a contractor is “certified” to install the product. Talk to your contractor about following all manufacturer’s specifications necessary for product warranty.
- Don’t be afraid to ask the contractor to explain anything you don’t understand, and to specify anything that you don’t see in writing. If you feel as if the warranty is inadequate, express your concerns and ask for additional amendments to the warranty.
- Take the necessary time to research and assess any roofer you are considering hiring. Both roofing repairs and new roofs are significant investments. Taking the extra time to complete sufficient research on the company you have chosen will save time, money, and headaches in the long run.
- Ensure the company you have chosen offers verifiable expertise, experience, proper licensing and insurance, and offers sensible solutions to your roofing needs at a fair price.
- Make sure that you feel comfortable working with the roofer. You should have complete and total trust in your contractor’s character, competency, and commitment. Your new roof or roofing repairs should keep you happy for many years to come.
Hopefully, these tips prove to be useful to you in your search for a roofing contractor. It can be a daunting task, but you will never regret spending the extra time to hire a quality contractor that takes care of you and your home.
We hope you will consider Capstone Roofing & Construction for your roofing needs when it comes time for your roofing project.
We are located in Flower Mound, Texas and serve the North Texas area.